Sunday, June 1, 2014

Critical Thinking Post #8 - Final Course Reflection

I believe this course I have taken (LIB200) has changed my thinking of science and the humanities drastically. I used to view these topics in a passive way, not believing that they have a large influence in our lives but they do. Everything deals with them and the texts that we have read and analyzed in the class have shown me that. I believe if I had to be one I be more of a science person. With the increase in science there is an increase in technological advancement. I have always been into technology but this course has made me appreciative of the technology we have been given today, from cell phones to prosthetic limbs, science is an ever expanding process, with no end. With this being said though, this course has also opened my eyes in the sense that I can see more connections between science and humanities. Just a very thin line separates the two and can easily be crossed. This has been shown countless times from the atomic bomb to science fiction stories involving run away clones. To be really honest I am more optimistic about science and technology because it has grown along with us, and it has shown great promise to the human race as a whole. Science and humanities correlate with each other and can help the other improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment